The Best Glass Pipe of 2017
A great glass pipe is a must-have for anyone who enjoys smoking. In fact, why stop with just one? With so many great options out there, most smokers own at least a handful. Like other smoking apparatuses, glass pipes come in a variety of sizes, shapes and designs. If you’re looking to add one to your collection, you’re probably feeling pretty overwhelmed. Which ones are worth your hard-earned money? For our money, the Classic Helix Spoon Pipe by Grav Labs is the best glass pipe out there.
Table Of Contents
- Our Choice: The Classic Helix Spoon Pipe by Grav Labs
- Is the Classic Helix Spoon Pipe Right for You?
- More Info
- A Cheaper Alternative: The Glass Sherlock Pipe
- More Expensive Alternative: 3-in-1 Glass Helix Multi-Pipe
- Other Runner Ups
Our Choice: The Classic Helix Spoon Pipe By Grav Labs
>Why is the Classic Helix Spoon Pipe our top pick for best glass pipe? Let us count the ways. First, there’s its affordable price. At $80, you get a ton of bang for your buck. The fact that it’s made in the USA also pushed it to the top of our best glass pipe list. Grav Labs is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has an excellent reputation. We highly recommend sticking with reputable brands when purchasing glass pipes to ensure that you have the most enjoyable smoking experience possible, and this pipe passes that test with flying colors.
Another reason we chose the Classic Helix Spoon Pipe by Grav Labs as our best glass pipe is because it’s made out of unbelievably strong, durable scientific glass. In addition to being remarkably strong and a pleasure to behold, the borosilicate glass makes this handy little pipe a breeze to clean. The days of endlessly scraping out your pipe will finally be over when you own this cleverly designed model.
Like so many pipes and bongs by Grav Labs, this one features a Venturi chamber that makes the smoke swirl in a mesmerizing way. This is done for more than just show, though. The vortex action cools the smoke and helps to filter fine particles from it as well, so you will enjoy a smoother, cooler smoking experience.
This glass pipe also earned our best glass pipe honors for its compact sie. At just seven inches in length, it can be carried discreetly in a pocket or elsewhere, and there’s no need to keep it in a bulky case. Its full body and spoon-style design make it a convenient option for smokers of all stripes. Considering how affordable this model is, it’s jam-packed with a startling array of excellent features.
The aesthetics of this model also helped it climb to the top of our best glass pipe list. Indeed, it is a gorgeous piece, and it’s sure to take a place of honor in your collection. You can take your pick from four colors for the logo decal: green, red, blue or black. In this way, you can personalize your smoking experience or make sure to choose a design that won’t get confused with other people’s pipes.
Is The Classic Helix Spoon Pipe Right For You?
The way we see it, just about any smoker would be delighted to own the Classic Helix Spoon Pipe by Grav Labs. That’s partly why we named it the best glass pipe on the market today: It has universal appeal. After all, who doesn’t need a compact, durable glass pipe for carrying around in a low-key way? It’s great to know that you can keep this in your pocket or elsewhere without a case and not have to worry about it getting banged up or, even worse, cracked or destroyed. This pipe is great for those who enjoy expanding their collections, but it may be a bit of a stretch for someone who’s looking for a budget glass pipe. Don’t worry, though. Our best glass pipe list includes a budget option as well.
More Info On The Classic Helix Spoon Pipe
While searching out top choices for our best glass pipe list, we were especially mindful of choosing models that are built to last. Well, with its thick borosilicate glass design, the Classic Helix Spoon Pipe fills the bill nicely. After all, no one likes constantly worrying about whether or not their pipe is safe and secure. Once you’ve handled this sleek little model, you’ll quickly see that it’s not something that needs to be handled with kid gloves. It’s quite a relief to know you can just throw it in your purse, backpack or pocket without giving it another thought.
Because this is the best glass pipe we could find, its flaws are minor and few. It would be a little better if the price was a bit lower, but it’s not like this pipe isn’t worth it. If anything, the price is a steal for the features you get and the overall quality of its design.
A Cheaper Alternative: The Glass Sherlock Pipe
Fortunately, there’s no need to spend a small fortune to get your hands on a great glass pipe. We wanted our best glass pipe list to include at least one ultra-affordable option, and the Glass Sherlock Pipe by Grav Labs was a natural choice. Like our top pick, it’s made out of exceptionally strong, durable borosilicate glass. At just four inches in length, it’s even more compact, so it’s a great choice for smokers who require exceptional discretion.
One of the best design features of this slick little pipe is its flat bottom. Don’t you hate trying to fill a bowl when the pipe keeps toppling over? With this pipe, that’s not an issue. Once we saw that, we knew this one had to be included on our best glass pipe list. It also delivers a smooth, clean smoking experience thanks to its inverted cone ash catcher. Although the bowl gets warm while smoking, it doesn't get close to being too hot to handle. In just about every conceivable way, this pipe is a winner. Incredibly, it only costs $40, which is an absolute steal when you consider its overall quality and the fact that it’s made in the USA.
More Expensive Alternative: 3-In-1 Glass Helix Multi-Pipe
For our best glass pipe list, we also wanted to include one pricier option. Now, the average smoker is unlikely to fork over $150 for just any pipe. It’s going to have to be pretty special. With its huge array of handy features, durable design, attractive style and all-around amazing craftsmanship, the 3-in-1 Glass Helix Multi-Pipe by Grav Labs is a natural choice.
As the name implies, this is essentially three pipes in one. It includes three attachments that turn it into either a bubbler pipe, a spoon pipe or a one-hitter pipe. So yes, you will pay a premium for this pipe, but you are basically getting three pipes for that price. When you think of it that way, this model seems a lot more affordable. Also, it’s nice to know you can enjoy a variety of smoking styles without having to bust out several different pipes.
If you’ve ever used a multi-pipe like this before, you may have encountered problems when using the various attachments. We’re pleased to report that you won’t run into that kind of trouble with this model. Its glass-on-glass joints can be attached with the included acrylic joint clamp, which is a breeze to use. This is yet another reason that we knew we had to include the 3-in-1 Glass Helix Multi-Pipe on our best glass pipe list.
This borosilicate pipe is thick enough and strong enough to withstand just about anything. It comes in a convenient standard size and boasts a Venturi chamber. What’s so great about the Venturi chamber? It makes the smoke swirl into a cooling vortex that also sifts away fine particles. As a result, the smoke is cooled significantly before it’s drawn into the lungs, and it’s cleaned more too for a smoother smoking experience. You will enjoy this benefit regardless of which attachment you use. We tried all three attachments and can confidently say that they all work like a charm.
Other Runner Ups
Choosing the best glass pipe from such a vast array of options wasn’t easy. Along the way, we sampled a number of other pipes that were top contenders. We wanted to make this list as comprehensive and helpful as possible, so we’ve included three runners up. These pipes deserve honorable mentions for a number of reasons, and each one is a more than worthy addition to any smoker’s collection:
Without Further Ado, They Are:
- Classic Helix Spoon Pipe (5-inch mini) – With its five-inch size and borosilicate glass design, this Grav Labs pipe is a nice, compact option to consider. Its stylish logo is available in four different colors, but the rest of the pipe is crystal clear. That’s a nice feature because it lets you see when it’s starting to get dirty and in need of a cleaning. Micro-holes help to provide extra cooling, which produces a more pleasant smoking experience. After all, who wants a scorched mouth, throat or lungs? The attached head is perfect for dry pipe smoking, and this is the kind of pipe that just about any smoker is sure to enjoy. Its $65 price tag isn’t too shabby, either. Definitely worth consideration if you are looking for the best glass pipe for the money.
- Glass Steamroller Pipe – For a price of just $50, you can be the proud owner of this cleverly designed glass pipe by Grav Labs. This one made our best glass pipe list for several reasons. The fact that it has two stained glass feet that allow it to stand up sturdily is a major plus, and it’s one of the things that helped it stand out from the crowd. Its simple, straightforward design makes it a very functional pipe, and it’s one that you’re sure to reach for again and again. At seven inches in length, it’s still relatively compact. It’s made out of that strong, resilient borosilicate glass that’s favored by Grav Labs, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally damaging it while bringing it places. We like that there are multiple colors to choose from for the logo as well.
- Colorful Glass Wig Wag Spoon Pipe – Grav Labs has done it yet again with this versatile spoon pipe. We had to include it on our best glass pipe list for a number of reasons, but its whimsical, swirling colors design is one of the top ones. Every smoker needs at least one colorful glass pipe in their collection, and this one is a great choice. It’s available in assorted colors, and no two pipes are exactly the same. Like us, you’ll probably want to snag a few just for variety! It has an inverted cone mouthpiece that catches stray ashes like a champ, so you don’t have to worry about inhaling dirty smoke. Its standard price of $75 is a veritable steal when you consider that it is made out of 32mm thick borosilicate glass. For its sheer beauty alone, this pipe earns a well-deserved spot on our list, so be sure to check it out!
Is this best glass pipe list as comprehensive as possible? We think so. At least, it is if you’re trying to narrow down the options to a reasonable and manageable selection to find best glass pipe. Of course, new glass pipes are introduced all the time, and exciting new features are rolled out often as well. We’re always on the lookout for the latest and best, so be sure to check back regularly to see what’s new. As of this moment, however, we can confidently say that these are the best glass pipes on the market right now. Happy smoking!